So, Kalli was nervous to get these cavities filled, but with lots of bribing (a new movie and Chuck e Cheese) she made it through the 1.5 hour ordeal like a champ. They drugged her with some oral medication and then used laughing gas during the procedure. She watched 'The Bee Movie' while I sat right next to her holding her hand. There were 3 to go when she started to get antsy and shed a couple tears (which in turn made me tear up a little as well). We were so close I couldn't bare to come back, so I coaxed her through the last 15 minutes and we were done!
Kalli got to choose a prize - a gold sheriff's star.
She was a little tipsy and couldn't really stand on her own (she fell down to her knees right after this photo). I had to carry her all the way to the car.
The dentist said to rest and relax for the next few hours, so when we got home Kalli laid on the couch and watched her new movie, twice.
Later, when Nate got home and the drugs wore off, we headed to Chuck E Cheese
Treyvan wasn't sure what to think
Kalli bought a sucker with her tickets - I know, I know, we are just asking for more cavities, but who could turn down this happy face after all she went through!
3 comments:
Poor Kalli. I don't think I could sit there for nearly as long as she did. What a gal! Isn't Chuck E Cheese great ... that place always makes the kiddos smile (I don't get it haha)
what a brave kid!! I had a cavity filled a few months ago and I rescheduled the appointment 2X before actually going just because I kept chickening out...I can't imagine what it was like to watch your little girl go through that :(
I don't think the Sheriff star was worth it. Poor Kalli.
Post a Comment