Saturday, April 4

Through the Eyes of Kalli


I thought this was so funny. We were at a restaurant last week and on the menu there was a picture of a lobster tail. Kalli asked in a sincere voice, "Mom, are you going to get the 'roasted rolly polly?' I tried not to laugh, so I wouldn't embarass her, and told her I was going to get something else. It still makes me smile. I would love to see life through Kalli's eyes sometimes :)

Another comment recently made by Kalli:
In the car we were listening to a song called "Poker Face" by Lady GaGa. Kalli asks. 'Mom, why does she want to 'poke her face?' Not wanting to go in to detail and explain what poker is, I simply said that she just isn't being very nice and then changed the subject. She later asked Nate the same question - he explained it correctly. I am glad she is getting correct information from at least one of us :)

4 comments:

KIRSTEN said...

You answer 4 year old questions, just like me. Chiki on the other hand has decided that if he goes into a super long, scientific explanation ... Hannah will never ask that question again. Instead, she gives him a clueless look and then turns to me and reasks the question. Good times!

Wendy said...

Kalli is right. That looks nasty!

Jeff and Vickie said...

So, what does imitation lobster taste like? Chicken?

Jessica said...

I think we should get together and have a roasted rolly polly night. I haven't had some in awhile!! This is my second favorite story to "gumblebum".