Sunday, September 7

Farewell my good friend...(a tribute by Nathan Fischer)


For those of you who don't know, the Fischer family said goodbye to their first family car yesterday. I have prepared a tribute in remembrance of the Jeep.

I first laid eyes on you my third year of college. My boyhood fantasies had suddenly become a reality...with approval of my wife. Money was exchanged, sparks flew, and we began our new life together.




I was attracted to you the first time I saw you with your top off. Your large round tires, size 32, were an attractive selling point as well, I did not seem to mind that your odometer did not work. The fact that you were white, was more acceptable for Utah culture.



We have had our ups and downs, a relationship like this requires regular maintenance, something that I did neglect. But as faithful as you were, you never let me down, always taking me from point A to point B, even when your dipstick was bone dry. Others told us that we weren't "practical", but we looked past that and made it work, because we had each other.




My heart is saddened that I let you go. I do admit, that in a sense I traded you for a younger, more attractive SUV, one with a nice body and rack. Even though the tires are not as big.... the rear end is much bigger, giving more room for junk in the trunk. As I stood in my driveway Saturday morning, watching your new owner grinding your gears, in a feeble attempt to find reverse, I could hear your pain, and feelings of betrayal.



As I watched your new man drive off with you, hat tightly securing his semi-mullet, driving you to your new home in Long Beach, a tear ran down my check. I quickly raised my hand, and used my fist full of cash to wipe it away. So long my good friend, we will miss you dearly. Nathan.

9 comments:

Nate and Tasha said...

All I have to say is, Good Riddance! Just kidding (sort of), we have had our good times, but it is time to move on to bigger and better things.

Wendy said...

This is just too much for me. I'm heartbroken and a little turned on at the same time. Ha! How sad you had to part so soon! Hopefully you can function with just 2 cars from now on.

Hayley said...

That had me cracking up! You married a funny one Tasha!

Ann Marie said...

Ha! Funny post!! Isn't it funny how attached to things we get!

KIRSTEN said...

Talk about leaving us in total suspense ... What did you trade the jeep in four?? Nate, I feel for you buddy. I was so sad when I traded in my first car. Although the transmition was going out, along with the power windows, and can't forget to mention the big dent on one of the doors ... I will always love that car :)

Good luck to your little famillia on tuesday. I can't wait for pictures!!

Just one tall girl named Laurel said...

So sorry to hear about your breakup with the Jeepers. Ian is putting his up for sale too and he's super sad about having to potentially say goodbye to his "green bean." What did you get instead? And... where's baby? Tell him to get a move on.

Jessica said...

Jeremiah says the pics are awesome and the jeep in real life did seem more worn down. You did a good job, Nate, breaking her in and wearing her out. Hope there's some left in her for the next owner. Ha Ha. Miah also has to agree that the the body and rack on the new model are quite nice.

Patricia said...

Hey, want to buy my 1993 Toyota Camry - 205K miles on it....paint is not the best but that car keeps trucking!

Patricia said...

I made a mistake - my Camry is a 1991 - I've had it since 1993 (bought it used). It is a FINE car.