Earthquake! I was in Albertson's looking at cereal when the shelves began wavering. I couldn't figure out what was going on. Why were the shelves moving?! I looked down the aisle and the floor was rippling a little too. That's when I realized, this is an earthquake; should I be scared- nope, just amazed! I heard some stuff fall off on the other side of my aisle, but besides that after 10 ten seconds or so, everything was back to normal. I immediately called Nate and asked if he felt it. He said that the jars and mirrors on our house were rattling and he thought it was a semi or something nearby, at first. Anyway, we were completely fine, even though the news blew it way out of proportion. The epicenter was about an hour away in Chino Hills and it measured 5.4. Not bad for my first!
Tuesday, July 29
My First...
Earthquake! I was in Albertson's looking at cereal when the shelves began wavering. I couldn't figure out what was going on. Why were the shelves moving?! I looked down the aisle and the floor was rippling a little too. That's when I realized, this is an earthquake; should I be scared- nope, just amazed! I heard some stuff fall off on the other side of my aisle, but besides that after 10 ten seconds or so, everything was back to normal. I immediately called Nate and asked if he felt it. He said that the jars and mirrors on our house were rattling and he thought it was a semi or something nearby, at first. Anyway, we were completely fine, even though the news blew it way out of proportion. The epicenter was about an hour away in Chino Hills and it measured 5.4. Not bad for my first!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
scary! glad the pickles didn't fall off and hit your toe!
You know what I always say "better you then me" I am happy to hear that you survived
Post a Comment