Wednesday, July 23

My Bragging Rights...

Tonight we went to a party in honor of Nate (and 18 other people). Orange Coast magazine did a spread in their August issue called OC Look. I wasn't sure what this entailed, until I read their article. As Orange Coast put it: "Each advisory board member was challenged with nominating people who possessed a certain je ne sais quoi and made a statement about who they are by the way they dress. After evaluating hundreds of well deserving nominees, 19 premier individuals made the cut." As you can see, Nate was one of the 19. He doesn't even know the person who nominated him, but he was surprised (to say the least) and honored nonetheless. Nate went in for a photo shoot about a month ago and had to fill out a questionnaire about himself and his style. I couldn't wait to see the picture and what Nate wrote (he told me I had to wait to read it). We received our invitation via email and to our surprise, Nate's face was on it! Also, his picture ended up being on the "Event Guide"
and on the front page of the insert, inside the magazine
This is the picture they used with all his info, calling him the "Style Dweller."

The party was interesting, mostly a bunch of yuppies with their Prada shoes, Gucci shirts and Marc Jacobs handbags, but it made for some great people watching. I was by far the biggest person in the room (of course this party had to be when I am 8 mos pregnant) and Nate met some good contacts; so I guess it was worth all the hub bub.

Of course, we had to try our luck on a charity raffle for LASIK surgery, which I desperately need, and lost (6 tickets for $125!) At least it went to a good cause. I really thought we had a chance, but I haven't EVER won anything - who was I kidding :)
All in all, it was a great experience and kind of fun to be part of the "OC Scene." One night was enough, though. Congrats to my stylish, hot husband!

16 comments:

Hayley said...

Brag away! How fun!

Wendy said...

LOVE it. Just wait it's coming...

Shelly Traveller said...

I would love to go to one of those, just like you said to people watch! What a talented and hot hubby to make the cover, you must be very proud!
BTW you look great pregnant!

Charmaine Anderson said...

What an awesome picture of Nate and an honor. Carole was here for a couple of days last week. We had a good visit with her and I think she got a little rest. I do enjoy all the Fischer family.

Just one tall girl named Laurel said...

Congrats! That is sooo cool! Nice job, style guru Nathan!

KIRSTEN said...

Nate, you stylish man you!! CONGRATS on the magazine. Tash ... you are looking so CUTE. Hang in there you are almost there!! Any names??

SUMMER said...

That is awesome! What a talented guy!!!

Kim said...

Seriously, that's 'so hot'. :) Mr OC is what I'm calling him from now on. ;)

Haylee Munk Brown said...

WOW! That is great! Mr OC is right!!!

Mark and Cristin said...

This was beyond fun to read about and see those pics of Nate....Congrats Nate on being so dang fashionable :-)

Brittany Stiles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittany Stiles said...

yep...that's my business partner. I taught him everything he knows. (BTW, your comment count is up to 11! Actually more like 12 if you count the one I deleted because of a spelling error).

Emily said...

Wow~ Nate is Mr. OC! That is so exciting! You look like a hot mama even if you are 8 months pregnant!

Carston, Katrina, Isabelle and Kate said...

Awesome. Great work. And for sure it's fun to be on the OC scene for a night. Your belly is getting quite darling!!!!

TnD said...

Love the lok. I thought for sure they would have you in casual beach wear, but savvy city is even better.

Ann Marie said...

Awesome! The photos are fantastic! I am still curious who nominated him though . . .