Sunday, May 4

To Camp Or Not To Camp...

Before we moved to California, we used to be avid campers and when I say camping, I mean, throw up a tent and make sure that when you wipe it isn't with a poison ivy leaf. So when we moved here, we were disappointed that a "good" camping spot involved toilets that flush and neighbors 5 feet from your tent door. We didn't like the idea at first, but now 2 yrs later, we have grown accustomed to the idea and decided to try it out. Nate's family came to visit, so we packed our bags and headed for the beach. We stayed at Doheny and I must say the spot wasn't fabulous, but who cares when the beach is a 30 sec walk away! We had a great time, Kalli loved every moment (she had been talking about 'campin' for a month). I think we have decided camping is camping and we are always up for a good trip no matter where we post up. If anyone is looking for someone to roast some marshmallows and tell ghost stories with, give us a call!

Kalli and cousin Jada dancing and singing in the tent - just breaking it in!
Our headquarters
Taking advantage of the beach
Kalli is learning how to set up our tent - thanks Kal, what would we have done without you!
Our little sunbathers, making sand angels

4 comments:

KIRSTEN said...

Oh what the heck. Mark me down for camping this weekend. NOT - no matter what the camping is next to, the point of the matter is that you are camping and we all know how much I love that. Looks like you guys had lots of fun!!

KIRSTEN said...

By the way I just noticed that Kalli and Hannah have the same shirt. Thank goodness for Target :)

Kim said...

LOVE it! We are definitely in for whenever we go. Doesn't matter where ... I'm making curt do it!

Jessica said...

Where else can you camp on the beach, but Cali!! That looks like a lot of fun and Kalli got her camping trip.