
Last Saturday, we headed to Balboa Island with some friends for a change of scenery. With 10 people in our party, half of it consisting of kids, our choices for dinner were limited, so we ended up at a quaint Chinese restaurant. Afterwards, ready for a treat, we headed to a some little shops to get a chocolate covered frozen banana, sugar cookies and a bag full of salt water taffy (the latter being a personal favorite!) We ended the night by driving all 3 of our cars onto a ferry that took us from one side of the small island to another - about a 5 min. ride. The kids thought it was better than Disneyland :) and we all had a great time.
2 comments:
Tasha! I can't believe we missed each other by only a day. If I had known I could have changed my flight. Or even come and visited with you at your house. We were in San Diego the previous couple days before I left. We could have gone to dinner or something. But you know we really don't live that far from each other. When it gets warmer and we are melting away in the desert we will have to go to the beach with you and Kalli. I can't believe how much she has grown up. It is crazy. Congratulations on the boy too! How fun and exciting is that! I love little boys....I am biased...but I love them. They are a lot different than girls but I think they are so much fun.....even when you are dead tired and feeding him in the middle of the night and when you change his bum you get your second shower!
That was such a fun outing. I love those choco bananas. We'll have to do it again (so much to fit in with so little time). Oh, and maybe we'll skip that chinese. Nate's fortune should have read "A pleasant surprise is in store for you." (without the pleasant part).
Post a Comment