Wednesday, April 23

Nate's Idea of a Hearty Dinner

I asked Nate to get dinner for Kalli tonight. He said she has already had 3 pieces of bread. I asked him to make her something else, but he insisted that is all she needs since that is all SHE wanted. He said what's the difference from that or a PB&J, this is just healthier because there is no fattening peanut butter or jelly filled with sugar. Nate could have debated this all night, instead, I made Kalli some noodles and called it good.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I can see your point, it makes perfectly good sense. Ice cream is not part of a nutritious meal until you add the chololate syrup. A sandwich somehow becomes a healthier, more complete meal when you slather on a gob of mayo, and in some weird way, an already not-so-healthy slab of carbo loaded, processed wheat becomes "healthy" and a "meal" by scooping out a 23% saturated fat nugget of Trader Joes peanut butter, and smearing it on one of two pieces of bread.
-Nate

Wendy said...

Looks like Nate needs to have the last word. I'll stay out of this spat ;) Too funny!

Jessica said...

You guys crack us up (Miah included- he says that he has to agree with Nate- might be a loyalty thing, though :) I have a feeling our kids would be malnourished if it weren't for mothers- NOT that I disagree with Nate, he has a point but I'm not taking sides. I would have done the same thing as you, Tash.

Jenny said...

Very funny! I'll stay out of it too!

Mark and Cristin said...

Right on Nate!

Charmaine Anderson said...

Hi Tasha, I stole the picture you have of Kalli at the top of your blog. It is too cute to believe and the lighting is so wonderful that I am going to paint it sometime. I hope that is OK. Charmaine