It's the day before my birthday and I am leaving a birthday lunch with friends at the Cheesecake Factory, on my way to meet Nate and the kids over at Macy's. Once I get there, Nate tells me I can pick out anthing I want for my birthday. I start browsing, meanwhile Kalli is grinning ear to ear, but I assume she is just glad to be there. After a couple minutes I hear my name called out. I look around and hear it again. I spot some oddly familiar shoes hiding behind a rack and the next thing I know my mom jumps out from behind it. I am shocked, trying to make sense of the situation, since my parents live in Utah and there is NO way they can be here :) I gave my mom a big hug and then my dad came around the corner with the video camera. Of course, tears of joy were flowing down my cheeks by then and I was completely overcome with happiness. I couldn't believe it! This was the absolute BEST birthday present ever!

The kids were soooo excited to have gma and gpa here too. First thing when we got home, break out the coloring books!

Nate had a bit of a birthday surprise up his sleeve as well. On our way we stopped to get some snacks and to Trey's joy, there was a firetruck parked in the lot. Kalli and Trey had to check it out.

Nate surprised us all by taking us out on a whale watching trip in Dana Point.

We saw so many dolphins it was amazing! We also saw the whales, but they just surfaced a few times with little activity. The dolphins followed us for miles, loved it!
and so did the everyone else!


Thanks Hun, it was fabulous!

The next day we decided to hit up LA for the fabric district. Mom had so much success there last time, we had to try our luck again. Not so great, but we enjoyed a big fat burrito anyway.

That night we went to dinner to The Melting Pot, which I have been dying to try.

So at least I can say I tried it. I wasn't too impressed, but to each there own. All I have to say is, I don't believe any of us will be going back anytime soon :)


Bubbles and chalk in the morning

Oreo ice cream birthday cake for lunch, yum!

For our last hoo-rah, we went to the beach for a relaxing stroll

and a little kite flying

The best birthday weekend ever! Thank you Mom and Dad (Nate and kids) for making it so wonderful! I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment