Sunday, September 6

Back to the Monterey Roots

We haven't been up to see Nate's parents in a while so we thought it was about time-we packed our bags and were off.

Kalli was excited for Grandpa to take her fishing at the wharf

She didn't mind that they didn't catch any fish - just excited to use a fishing pole

Johnny and Treyvan had a staring contest

Kalli and Trey LOVE bath time


Nate and I even got a chance to go out to a new restaurant - LaLa Grill.
Claire and Kennedy were staying with Aunt Cheryl so we hooked up for a playdate at Dennis the Menace Park - a favorite

Grandma is always up for anything

Aunt Vicki was staying with Grandma for a few months, luckily we got to spend time with her. Even luckier, she is a fabulous seamstress and she put together my blanket that I have been meaning to do for months


The kids are already enjoying it

Treyvan is grateful

It looks amazing! Thanks Aunt Vicki and Aunt Cheryl for the good food, company and cute blanket

Friday night we had a litte birthday party for Treyvan. He had a lots of fun!
Grandma Carol and I made a cute Oreo cookie shaped cake with mint ice cream filling - I forgot to get a picture of it :(

Grandma Beth made Treyvan this fabulous cake


He loved it!


Treyvan picked at the cake but wouldn't 'dive' into it like I had hoped
I can't believe he is 1!



He got some great books, toys, trucks and shoes -Thank you everyone, Treyvan had a fabulous 1st birthday!

We went on a family hike for manzanita branches. It was truly a hike up this hill. Kalli was a champ.
Treyvan enjoyed the hike from the front of my Baby Bjorn, but hitched a ride with dad a couple times

Kalli loves an adventure

Digging in the dirt never gets old
Nate, trying to find the perfect branches

We made it back just in time - it was dark by the time we got to our car.

Treyvan thinks he is turning 16, not 1
Kalli loves a photoshoot


She likes to be the one taking the pictures too

Grandpa was combing Treyvan's 'thick' 'voluptuous' hair before we started our drive home.

We all had a great time, sad to go. I enjoyed relaxing and getting some time off from the kids (thanks grams and gramps). We had some good games of Catan - looking forward to the next round of wins :)

3 comments:

KIRSTEN said...

Oh, the little man is getting so big! I love love love the pic of him smiling at his cake. So CUTE!!

TnD said...

So fun to take a look at your blog and see my kiddies, but strange not being there too. Happy first Trey. You are too cute boy.

Patricia said...

Sorry I didn't get down when you guys were there. Maybe next time!