Tuesday, October 7

Kalli's First Day of 'School'

Since we opted out of pre-school this year, we decided to sign Kalli up for Playtime, a 10 week creative arts class. Since most of Kalli's friends started school a month ago, she has been excited to go to her own 'school'. So, early this morning Kalli brought her lunch bag into our room with a few snacks that she had ready to put into it. She asked all morning how long until she could go to school. Finally at 11:15 , we went. It was a little nostalgic dropping off my little girl. What am I going to do when she really does go to school?!

All ready to go. We even curled her hair - must be important!
The schedule
Her classroom
Her own cubby
Her fingerpainted masterpiece
When I went inside to pick Kalli up, she ran over and gave me a big hug. She excitedly told me how much fun she had and about the new girl she met. She can't wait for Thursday and I can't wait to see what fun new things she will do.

10 comments:

Haylee Munk Brown said...

How cute is she!! I am glad she is so gungho for school! Ha ha ha! Hopefuuly that will last for a long time!

Wendy said...

She is such a poser! That first picture is awesome. The last picture she looks just like you. So cute.

KIRSTEN said...

Tash, that bottom picture looks just like you. Looks like she is enjoying her new school.

Minnesota Fun! said...

I guess everyone must tell you that your little girl looks just like you! I have been thinking about you and I'm so happy that Nate found our blog. We have been living here in MN for just over a year. Before that we lived in Boise for about 18 months and before that we lived in AZ for about 3 1/2 years. I think we will be staying here in MN for a while. Doug likes his job and I like it here other than the FREZZING winters. I think we might have to come and visit you in CA around FEB to warm up. That is crazy that we both had boys around the same time. I was due on the 16th, but went early. I'm sure you have seen that Ticey is also having a boy. That is great!
What are you up to. Do you work or stay at home. What does Nate do or should I ask how many businesses he has. I remember in Logan he had a couple. We will be in Logan around Christmas time. Will you be in Utah also?
I'm so excited to be able to see what you are up to.
Bonnie

Minnesota Fun! said...

I guess everyone must tell you that your little girl looks just like you! I have been thinking about you and I'm so happy that Nate found our blog. We have been living here in MN for just over a year. Before that we lived in Boise for about 18 months and before that we lived in AZ for about 3 1/2 years. I think we will be staying here in MN for a while. Doug likes his job and I like it here other than the FREZZING winters. I think we might have to come and visit you in CA around FEB to warm up. That is crazy that we both had boys around the same time. I was due on the 16th, but went early. I'm sure you have seen that Ticey is also having a boy. That is great!
What are you up to. Do you work or stay at home. What does Nate do or should I ask how many businesses he has. I remember in Logan he had a couple. We will be in Logan around Christmas time. Will you be in Utah also?
I'm so excited to be able to see what you are up to.
Bonnie

Just one tall girl named Laurel said...

Looks like a ton of fun! Must be nice for you to have a little down time with new little T as well. Sounds like a win-win for you both.

SUMMER said...

That first picture with her pose is too much! I LOVE it!

Kim said...

She is way to grown up! It looks like she had a blast! What a fun school!

Laura said...

I bet she is loving school, and you guys are liking some "quiet" time at home. I love their trashcan "cubbies" too :)

Jessica said...

She looks like she's having way to much fun for school!!! She's growing up! Way to go Kallie~ I love her art projects!!