Monday, February 18

The Ohio Experience


Kalli and I went to Ohio last Wed. to help my sister, Mandy, out with her new baby that she was supposed to have on Sunday. Well, when we arrived, no baby yet. Needless to say, we made the best of it. We did lots of shopping and walking, trying to get that baby to come out. She showed me the ropes of her daily routine, which with 3 kids, is amazingly busy. I went to bed every night praying that I would awake to my sister leaving for the hospital, but to no avail. As the days went on, I began to get nervous since I was leaving early Wed. morning and there was still no baby. So the story goes, of all ironicies, my mom was flying into Ohio at midnight on Sunday and I offered to go pick her up. On my way to the airport, I got pulled over for running a red light. I used the whole picking my mom up and my sister is in labor bit and got out of the ticket-for the FIRST time in my life! When I got to the airport my mom's plane was delayed by 30 minutes, of course, and Mandy called saying they needed to get to the hospital. She had to call a friend in the middle of the night to come over and watch the sleeping girls, while my mom and I were stuck at the aiport - of all times to go into labor. Sheesh! :) But it all worked out. I got to spend some quality time with my sis, help her out with her 3 kids, and I still got to see my little nephew. I even got to spend some time with my mom. It was great!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

I was going to ask if Kalli missed Tess as much as Tess missed Kalli but when I see all the fun she had with her cousins, I already know the answer to that. Looks like fun and we DID miss you guys.

Mark and Cristin said...

You called it - Mandy goes into labor the night you had to pick up your mom! Looks like you had fun, I can't believe how big Elise is!!!! Glad you and Kalli are home safe :-)

Annie said...

wow! ya thats great timing to go into labor. that boy is cute

TnD said...

Congrats auntie. I am sure your sister loved having you there and keeping her occupied during those last terribly long days.

Ann Marie said...

Sounds like it was an adventure! Glad you got to be there for the special event with your fam!