Monday, September 3

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!





Ooooooh...that feels gooooood!


Mmmm... bring it on!


How do I look in these?

It had come time for Kalli and I to have a fun day out, just the 2 of us! In spite of the heat, I was determined to do something that Kalli would love. I asked her if she wanted to go to the pool, beach, or fountains at the Spectrum. It would be interesting to see what she would say, since she loves all 3. I was sure she would go for the beach, but enthusiastically and without any hesitation, she yelled "Fountains!" So after her nap, off we went. Kalli was so excited and couldn't wait to "jump" in. It was still 180 degrees outside (not really, it just felt like it) so I sat in the shade and watched her play. Now, there was one bigger girl there, about 5-6 yrs old, who had nothing on but her underwear. I do understand that kids and water always seem to mix, but I don't understand a mom letting her kindergartner run around in public with nothing but her undies on. Just as I was getting "use" to this idea, I looked up and this girl was now in her birthday suit! Mind you, there all ages and genders hanging out by the fountain. There was a bit of tension in the air as this girl hunched over the fountain, butt naked! Her mom just laughed. Finally, she got her underwear back on. I was in complete amazement, but maybe I am just old fashioned. What do ya do?! Kalli played a little while longer and then she told me she was hungry and ready to go. I wanted something as well and I wanted something good, so we we went to P.F. Chang's. Mmmmm... Afterward, we did a little shopping and I promised Kalli a cookie because she was so good and I wanted to get her a little treat for our special day. Finally, we hopped in our car and headed back. We had a great afternoon and by the time we got home it was bedtime. Perfect! All I have to say...it’s great being a mom!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Your fountain encounter sounds a bit creepy. yikes! But it sounds like you are holding up well. Thanks for letting us crash your pool. So much fun!

Laura said...

Why didn't you get a pic. of the naked girl?!

Keri and Aaron said...

Ok, so feeling a little overwhelmed with motherhood occasionally, your post totally inspired me! I am now looking for some way to get Jada out for a little mommy-daughter time. :) We're glad you two had fun and that you are now all settled in to the new abode! --well, moved in at least. I know it takes forever to get settled!
And yes, it is great being a mom!

Ann Marie said...

You are such a good Mom! I miss being able to do 1 on 1 things with my girl! If only Brennon would take a bottle!!!! One day we'll do it again!

Kim said...

Ok she seriously is the cutest thing ever! Love the glasses pic. I can't wait til Grant gets old enough to have outings like that. :) And you are such a great mom!